Thursday, September 13, 2007

A Realization

I don't know why this happens, but I would like to know. It seems like yesterday, when I used to see the entire group (or gang or circle of friends - whatever you want to call it) daily and we had so many things to talk about. Today, four years down the line, we hardly have time for each other and hardly anything to share. How did we get so engrossed with our own lives, not to keep track of those with whom we spent most of the day till not too long ago? We could chat endlessly in those days and today, when I call someone the conversations comes to "Aur kya?" or "Ajun kaay?" or "What else?" within 10 minutes (may be even less than that). How did this happen?

Well, the only answer I can provide for this question is that, life always has its say in these matters. It just pulls you away from the closest of freinds or so it seems to me from personal experience. All I can do today is try and keep connected with everyone I consider among my best friends (and I am giving my best efforts). The purist may say here that you don't have to be connected to remain friends if the friendship is true. Well, is it going to hurt that relation should you manage to be always connected, always in sync with each other. I certainly do not think so.

Today, most (rather all) of us are single and yet struggling to find a day out to catch up with old friends (and I found them only in the last 4 years of college life. So, I cherish them the most). So, the realization, that the situation is only going to get difficult from this perspective and all of us are going to get even more engrossed in personal matters, just scares me. And it is this paranoia that stimulates me to act on this situation and keep trying keep up to the pace of the life. (Mind you, it is real fast. I can hardly believe that four years have passed since all of us left the college.)

The bottomline is I want all of us to be connected, real-time. How? I do not know today. The only thing I know is that it will work out, irrespective of the physical distances which have been enforced by life on us.

No comments: