Friday, July 31, 2009

Dada!

(Before you jump to conclusions - this is NOT about Sourav Ganguly!)
He is 8 years older than me - almost a generation ahead. He is someone I have always looked up to, for everything in life. He is someone I have spent very little time with, but yet have learnt a lot from. He always has one or two wise things to say to me, but he also cares to seek and respects my opinions on matters important to him. And I am very happy for him as he turns 35 tomorrow - a milestone for him, a spur for me!

Dada stands for elder brother in Marathi (as it does in Bengali, of course), and it's a privilege to have one like my. He has worked hard for to reach where he is today, while I have always been pampered and had things easy. Never have I seen him complain about a difficulty or constraint. His success story is built upon the strong base of various challenges he has overcome, and it has just started flourishing. I am sure he is going to reach heights the entire family will be proud of!

I wish he achieves all he aspires for and more!!!
And I hope my surprise visit to him tomorrow turns out to be a memorable day. Amen!!!

2 comments:

Keya said...

wonderful post :)
any special occasion for the surprise trip ??? how did it go ?

Keya said...

wonderful post :)
any special occasion for the surprise trip ??? how did it go ?