Thursday, December 11, 2008

Oops, I missed the Train!

And I am glad I did! I was supposed to board the Pune-bound Indrayani Express @ 5:53 AM on Saturday, but I managed to get up only at 6:30! It was probably the worst possible start I could have given to a day and I was pissed off enough to think of a few things which would have ruined it completely. Thankfully, I did not!

This was a trip I had to plan virtually at the last minute. Till the morning of Friday there was no such plan and by the afternoon I had booked a seat in the AC Chair Car of Indrayani and informed the gang in Pune of my schedule. VP, Ankur and I were scheduled to get together in the evening for dinner and Raja might have joined us too. I had not been able to plan for something to do during the day, but the fact that I missed the train meant I would now have to scramble to get to Pune by other means. And that is one thing I do not like - to do things in an unplanned way. So, I had to quickly decide on Plan B and execute it as well.

All of a sudden, something clicked in my head and I gave a wake up call to Bhushan @ 7 on a Saturday morning. In the next 15 minutes, a Plan B was ready and by 10 o'clock I was Bhushan's place in Airoli. We had planned for a lunch together, after which he would drop me @ Thane/Vashi to catch a bus for Pune. By now, I was feeling much better than I did when I woke up. It's amazing what spending quality time with friends can do for you. For me, every weekend spent with friends provides meaning to the routine of the weekdays that follow. 

So, around 11 o'clock we left for Mulund. On the way, while I waited for Bhushan - who was picking up an errand - I got an unexpected call from Sudhish. And guess what? He was calling from Thane. So, that was a pleasant change in our plan. Instead of two, now there would be three of us enjoying a lunch together. It was my third meeting with Sudhish in just under 2 months. And, I was now really happy that I overslept that day. As a toast to the joy, we had a sumptuous Thali in Rajdhani. Talking to Sudhish is helluva fun, because he enjoys every conversation. His exclamatory Kyaa Baaat Kar Raha Hai!? for any serious/silly fact you share with him is something one can yearn for!

After that wonderful lunch, it was a ride by Sumo from Vashi to Pune for me. In the euphoria of the afternoon, I managed to miss the fact that all buses to Pune would be packed on a Saturday afternoon. Anyway, the couple of hours ride was not that bad. By 6 o'clock VP, Ankur, I and Kirti were sitting @ a table in CCD. After a couple of hours Kirti's place was taken by Vivek - who had been instructed by his mother to come down to Pune. We four kids created some chaos in the childrens' section of a Crossword book shop!!! Don't worry, we were just buying a gift for my nephew. And then we were @ McD to munch some food along with the chatter. 

Overall, an action packed day for me. And I love spending such days, because the high they give me carries me through the next couple of weeks effortlessly. Why wouldn't one enjoy the work on weekdays, when there are such days on weekends always around the corner!!!

2 comments:

Sudhish said...

"kya baat kar raha hai!!!" ... thank u thank u for making me a part of ur blog(i hope google finds me ;-))..
i think i have already told u in person..I luv the way capture small moments..keep posting dude!!

Unknown said...

Hey Sudhish,
That's what I like. I can actually hear you saying that right now!
I am not really sure if I am as good as you say, but I do not write to show any sort of prowess anyway. So, you will see the next one in a few days. And It might just bowl you over ;-)